Daniel D’Andreano, the owner of a successful meat market on North St., made the decision in 1938 to expand his business by offering food service equipment to other meat markets in Rochester. Beginning with deli cases and eventually encompassing a full line of restaurant equipment, the business experienced a transformation and underwent a title change from the Northside Market to Rochester Store Fixture. The company catered to the new and used equipment needs of the small stores, bakeries and meat markets of the time.
Rochester Store Fixture’s original location at 733 North St. housed the company until 1967.
A view from the corner of North St. and Merrimac St. shows Rochester Store Fixture.
Dan D’Andreano oversees final inspection of equipment before delivery to the customer.
Rochester Store Fixture welcomed Richard Korn, Dan D’Andreano’s son-in-law to the company in 1967. Business grew to the point that the company needed to construct an additional building. It was connected to the existing location to provide a total of 20,000 sq/ft located at 707 North St. RSF continued to gain new customers who required a more diverse product selection.
Dan Korn, Richard Korn’s son, joined the business in 1979. He proceeded to increase the purchasing power of RSF through a partnership with National Equipment and Supply Association buying group (NESA). Dan’s sister, Chris Doherty, joined the company in 1985. Chris expanded the small wares department by stocking more items that the customers requested.
The business saw further growth in 2007 when the remaining assets of ADM Amalgamation were purchased after its closing. ADM was a premier supplier for brewing supplies and draft beer systems. RSF reestablished the once thriving business to continue to serve individuals, beer distributors and micro breweries.
Rochester Store Fixture is now a 3rd generation family business and is still committed to serving the needs of both the food service industry of Western New York and the draft beer equipment desires of the nation.